National Nurses Week is May 6-12, 2019
In a job market where experienced nurses often have their pick of employers and health care settings, the ways you choose to show appreciation for the important work they do can have a positive impact on recruitment, employee satisfaction, team-building, motivation, retention, and performance. As we discussed in a previous blog post, celebrating nurses in a thoughtful, authentic way makes them feel valued, leading to greater job satisfaction and loyalty.
With Nurses Week just around the corner, here are 10 great ideas for meaningful gifts that any nurse will surely appreciate:
- A good quality pen, maybe on a lanyard
- Nice scrubs, with a pattern that fits their individual personalities, that they can wear to work
- Cushioned performance socks, compression socks, or gift cards toward those good comfortable shoes
- An accessory for the handheld devices they use
- Vacuum-insulated travel mugs made of stainless steel, not BPA plastic or a premium, leak-proof water bottle to help them get those 62 ounces a day
- Coffee. Food. Chocolate.
- Free massage sessions (For hire, or your local massage school students may need clinical hours)
- Continuing education, professional development, coaching, or certification opportunities that save them time, travel, and money
- An Amazon gift card (for the nurse with no time to go shopping)
- A personal message of appreciation for their work and talents