If you’re like many sons and daughters, you struggle to find a Father’s Day gift that’s a little unique, yet that will be used and appreciated. Should it be practical, meaningful, or fun? Or some combination? Below are some gift ideas that are beyond the ordinary for all the dads in your life.
Gift ideas for the typical older dad:
- Power recliner or Heated Compression Leg Foot Massager
- Open an Uber Account for your dad
- Boom Again Trivia Game
- Ring Video Doorbell
Gift ideas especially for dads with memory loss:
- Tabletopics.com – hundreds of questions for having a multigeneration conversation
- Large print digital clock with date and day
- KeyRinger key finder pair – has a loud, easy to hear ring and operates without needing a smartphone or app!
- Peruse the huge selection of gifts for people with dementia at all stages at alzstore.com
Give the gift of time!
Of course, you know that for most fathers (and even fathers-in-law) the best gift of all is spending time with you and your family members. If that’s not possible because of schedules, distance, or, well, desire…there’s always the classic Father's Day gift: a tie!
For more gift ideas take a look at our list of perfect gifts for seniors.
original publication: May 2021
update publication: April 2022